Friday, January 25, 2013

Think big thoughts...enjoy small pleasures.

It's tough to wrap your head around a 140.6 mile race.  Actually, I think it's impossible.  Too many variables.  Too many moving parts.  I guess it's a lot like life.

It was one of those days today, and I'll be glad to see Saturday come.  But while we worry about jobs, kids, our parents, etc...it's important to embrace the little things that get us from one big event to another.  Breakfast with my two girls, a physics rave party B2 while learning the greek alphabet, reading "The Gruffalo" with Elinor, falling asleep on the couch with my best friend (well, in about 37 mins).  Today wasn't our trip to Disney, or Lake Placid.  It wasn't Christmas or Shannon's birthday.  Today was an ordinary day in the life of the McHales...but it was just as special.

"So many people who go afield to search for happiness have left it behind them back home sitting on the front porch." -David Grayson

Happy training, my friends.  27 weeks and 2 days.



No comments:

Post a Comment