Wednesday, September 4, 2013

New Beginnings...Old Traditions

(Note:  I figured I made it to Lake Placid...so my "Journey to Lake Placid" is complete.  With that in mind...I've shifted my blog focus to just a quest to be awesome.  Thanks for reading...)

Lake Placid is over.  Like five weeks over.  Might as well be five years.

With time to reflect back on the race.  It was an amazing experience.  For my first Ironman, I wouldn't have changed a thing.  Not one workout, not one Gu, not one mile split.  Nothing.  Not everything went right...looking back, it all happened for a reason and I'm glad it did.  The Lake Placid chapter...is over.

So what's next?

Mud.

These past five weeks have been a refreshing injection of "awesome" into my training.  The tri bike is hanging on its hooks.  The mountain bike has been muddied and washed more times than my underwear and my trail shoes have developed a stank of epic proportions.  Just like the old days.

Short term goals are to work on strength...and get back to my trail roots.  A few trail races this fall/winter...perhaps a 50k in the spring.  As long as I'm having fun.

Long term goals take me back to LP.  In like five years.  Nothing to worry about right now.  For now...I run.

Eat clean...train dirty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment